PR Case Study: Giftcards.com
Increase awareness for GiftCards.com during the holiday shopping season that has a very crowded marketplace with competitors vying for attention and consumer mindshare.
Position GiftCards.com as #1 destination for all things gift cards, including e-gift cards and discount gift cards
Elevate Shelley Hunter, GiftCards.com spokesperson (aka Gift Card Girlfriend) as the industry expert for everything gift cards
Create buzz around Jason Wolfe, GiftCards.com Founder and CEO, as a successful entrepreneur with a compelling and unique story
Reinforce GiftCards.com CSR work with Milton Hershey School and You Gift. We Gift. national tour
- Engage media influencers. The WISE PR team identified and worked closely with key media influencers from high profile media outlets on both feature stories, consumer stories
- Thought Leadership: WISE PR provided a consistent flow of expert tips that resonated with consumers like what to do with unused gift cards, how to save additional dollars with discount gift cards, best types of digital gift cards to purchase, holiday suggestions around Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, etc.
- Owned Media/Content Marketing. WISE PR worked with GiftCards.com to identify targeted pieces of content that would fuel engagement and media interest on a consistent basis.
- Media Relations & Newsjacking: WISE PR would identify reporters who are covering the many facets of gift cards and relay commentary from Shelley Hunter and Jason Wolfe to be inserted into the conversation, or for inclusion in an upcoming story, thus solidifying her role as a proven expert in the field.
Business Building Results
- During the holiday shopping season, GiftCards.com saw a 75% increase in gift card sales from 2013 to 2014
- News mentions increased 945% from 2013 to 2014.
- Media impressions increased 875% from 2013 to 2014.
- Ad equivalency increased 945% from 2013 to 2014.
- Associated Press - syndicated to more than 200 media outlets nationwide.
WSOC-TV story that was syndicated to more than 20 other TV station websites across the country.
High profile media outlets like Today.com, Yahoo! Finance, Consumer Reports, All You, US News & World Report, Kiplinger, KGO-TV, BusinessWeek, New York Times.
Pittsburgh Post Gazette front page photo for You Gift. We Gift. tour with CEO Jason Wolfe
CEO interviews on Bloomberg TV, MSNBC
Features/Profiles of CEO and GiftCards.com in Fortune, BBC, Entrepreneur