- Women Who Code, one of the leading profit groups that inspire women to achieve a career in technology, had been receiving mostly inbound media inquiries but lacked the resources to handle and execute proactive outbound PR campaigns. One of the key goals was to achieve greater awareness among the local markets whether in the form of announcing new Women Who Code networks or to highlight local members.
- Wise PR was tasked with elevating Women Who Code’s awareness and thought leadership in the industry.
- Wise PR conceptualized the narrative that positioned Women Who Code at the forefront of narratives that focused on women, diversity, coding, and technology. Among the strategies and tactics employed were to create a steady drumbeat of Women Who Code network announcements, commentary and insights to industry news that fell under the ‘newsjacking’ umbrella, and identifying Women Who Code members who had a story that would resonate well with the media.
Business building RESULTS
- Women Who Code increased their membership 100% in the first six months of their engagement with Wise PR, going from 25,000 members in April 2015 to 50,000 members in October 2015.
- Press mentions for Women Who Code increased 300% year-over-year when comparing same six-month timeframe between 2014 and 2015